Music Studio Setup
This is how I envision a future music studio - minimal and focused. Every component is chosen for it's quality, productivity and ergonomics. The room itself has light acoustic treatment and everything is placed symmetrical.
- Neumann KH 120 A - fantastic midrange and impulses with more bass than their size implies
- RME Babyface - Very german audio interface with all the good traits that brings
- Universal Audio UAD-2 Quad - Birthday present from my friends, it's hard to max out 4 DSPs
- Oktava MK-319 - Russian microphone which warms up any vocalist
- Korg Kontrol49 - My main keyboard
- Cubase - Has all necessary features and gets the job done
- Reason - The soundquality in Reason 6 is amazing compared to earlier versions
- Soundforge - A Companion since I started making music on a PC, reliable and flexible
- Kontakt - My main sampler in Cubase, great filters and flexibility
- UAD Plugins - The workhorses: SSL Equalizers and EMT Plate 140 for reverb.
- Razorlame - MP3 encoding - Just get those 320kbit MP3s perfectly encoded
- Intel Core2 Quad 2.8Ghz - Equipped with an artic cooling fan, you don't hear a thing
- EIZO EV2436W - Flicker-free LED screen with a beautiful picture
- Kensington SlimBlade Trackball - wave goodbye to RSI from a standard mouse
Don't forget to chill out after working long
or you'll be moving faders in your sleep.